About

Building a sustainable community on an apocalyptic wasteland. Clearly we don't know what we are doing.

Monday 19 May 2014

Spring 2014



After 3 years off grid, I am finally breaking my internet habit. which is mostly good, unless your my grandma, who always gets on me to update this blog. So here Nana!

This year marks the fourth year of our garden, which started as a 50 sq foot clay wasteland. Now after three years of expanding, adding soil, winter cover crops, picking, tilling, and peat mossing, The garden is seven times the size of my house, and is actually supporting some plantlife!




We've got some of last years crops going to seed, aswell as heaps of berries and 75 garlic plants going, everything else is just starting to sprout. 


After three winters in a cabin that was supposed to be a summer home, I am Actually getting ready to build my extention. Which means........ there will be somewhere to sit! Yesterday I extended my deck, and improved the foundation of it to support walls. Until I get the wood to box it it, it's a sweet outdoor living room.


No comments:

Post a Comment